Skip to main content

My signer - I’ve sent to 2 people - isn’t receiving anything? But it shows in docusign it’s been sent and it’s “waiting”

@APatey First I would suggest to select “Resend” on the envelope after verifying the email address is correctly spelled and valid.  Next I would check with the Recipient to see if they have a DocuSign Account and perhaps turned off notifications as well as having them review Junk/Spam or any other rules in their email that could reject or move email notifications.  Below is a link from a DocuSign article that goes over the most common issues with envelope notification delivery.

https://support.docusign.com/s/articles/Why-am-I-not-getting-DocuSign-email-notifications?language=en_US

If they have a DocuSign Account then they should check their Inbox in order to take action on these envelopes instead of using the notification.

I’ve been experiencing similar issues - I sent it to two people at the same time - person A signed it, but person B did not receive it, as of yesterday afternoon. I resent the envelope to both signers, and persons A and B were able to sign yesterday, but from my end the envelope was still in ‘waiting’ with the two signers. It wasn’t until this morning that I finally got the notifications from DocuSign saying each signer opened/viewed/signed the document and that the envelope was complete. This shows a 13 hour lag between my signers completing it, and my receiving the final copy, not to mention one of my signers not receiving the document on the first try. During this lag time, my document was shown as ‘waiting’ even though it was completed.

I don’t have a solution at the moment, but it does sound like a similar issue to the one I was facing yesterday and today. 

Hi @MTIAA  and @APatey,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you need further assistance, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

I’ve been experiencing similar issues - I sent it to two people at the same time - person A signed it, but person B did not receive it, as of yesterday afternoon. I resent the envelope to both signers, and persons A and B were able to sign yesterday, but from my end the envelope was still in ‘waiting’ with the two signers. It wasn’t until this morning that I finally got the notifications from DocuSign saying each signer opened/viewed/signed the document and that the envelope was complete. This shows a 13 hour lag between my signers completing it, and my receiving the final copy, not to mention one of my signers not receiving the document on the first try. During this lag time, my document was shown as ‘waiting’ even though it was completed.

I don’t have a solution at the moment, but it does sound like a similar issue to the one I was facing yesterday and today. 

I am having similar issues here. 

Hello @biz888

Thank you for reaching out here, we want to welcome you to the Docusign Community, I appreciate you bringing your question to this Community.

I apologize for any inconvenience that this might cause you, we are committed to providing you with the best service possible. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, I understand your recipients are not getting the notifications for the envelopes you send them.

To clarify, have you tried the steps described in the guide Why aren't my signers receiving DocuSign Notification emails?

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific Docusign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Hi @biz888,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you need further assistance, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

The witness to a signatory is not receiving the email. If I click ‘resend’ in the agreements section will this send the witness request to the witness signatory?

Since this never-ending issue persists, and to make matters worse, I've already forked over cash for a whole year of service, only to wait an excruciatingly long two months for a response from Adobe tech support in this lackluster community. Deciding that the most efficient route to tackle this problem is to switch over to a different app such as HelloSign. My costly docusign subscription will not be renewed, and I'll likely bid it farewell in a week or two. What a letdown.