Skip to main content

Signatories do not receive a copy of signed documents when the documents are completed, they just receive a notification that the document was executed, how to send them copies of the documents they signed-off, not all of them?

Hello @Diego Olea

Thank you for reaching out here, we want to welcome you to the Docusign Community, I appreciate you bringing your question to this Community.

I apologize for any inconvenience that this might cause you, we are committed to providing you with the best service possible. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, I understand that your recipient did not receive a copy of the signed document.

You will need to review the Envelope Delivery, these settings control the options for envelope delivery, including attaching documents to completion emails, attaching a certificate of completion to the envelope, suppressing emails to embedded signers, sending completion emails to embedded signers, allowing users to choose between sending a link or attaching a PDF, and selecting the default account setting for delivering self-signed documents via email.

In your case, are you trying to send all of the documents that were included in the envelope? or a specific one?

Your recipients can download the documents that they have received, please see Download and print a document that you received | eSignature, To download or print a document from your Docusign account, you can either access it from an email notification or within your account. In the email notification, click on the "Review Document" link and choose the desired action from the icons at the top of the screen. To download, select the icon with the down arrow and choose the download location. To print, select the printer icon and choose the printer. Within your account, locate and open the completed envelope, then click the icon with the down arrow to download or the printer icon to print.

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific Docusign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hello Christopher, thanks for your prompt response, I expect that the signatories receive the documents the signed and viewed, but not others that are in the envelope that only see and sign other people.  Today they receive a notification email, and then need to go to Docusign portal and download the documents instead of receiving them in the notification email.

I don’t have the option to setup the Envelope Delivery, I’ll check with my SysAdmin.

Hello @Diego Olea

Thank you for reaching back, only the account Admins can access the Delivery Settings, also please be advised if the issue persists after following the steps above, you may also need to review the following file size and document limits to confirm if they’re being exceeded:

• There is a 5 MB limit on documents attached to the 'Completed' email. If the total size of the documents is over 5 MB, the separated PDFs do not attach to the completed email notification. Note that the number of pages is not related to the file size. The file size is a direct result of the amount of data in an envelope. 
  • Even if the document that is uploaded into the envelope at creation is under 5 MB in file size, the completed PDF size includes the footer, header, and all Docusign fields that have been completed on the document by signers. This can drastically increase the size of the document. If the completed document from the Docusign Web Application is not larger than 5 MB, open a case with our customer support team for further troubleshooting on specific case-by-case occurrences.
  • There is a maximum limit of 15 documents that can be attached to the Completed email. 

Why are documents not attached to the Completed email notification?

Best regards,

I appreciate the explanation; I’ll check and revert to you in case something is not working as expected.

Best regards.

Hello @Diego Olea

Best regards,

Hello @Diego Olea

I hope you are doing well.

I also want to mention that if you want to send an envelope containing multiple files and you want to control which files each recipient sees, you can use document visibility to accomplish this. A common scenario is you want recipients to see only those files which they need to sign. With document visibility, you can create one envelope with files intended for individual recipients, rather than having to create a separate envelope for each recipient.

More information at Use Document Visibility to Control Recipient Access.

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific Docusign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Best regards,

Hi @Diego Olea,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.