Skip to main content

I have a form that needs to be sent to minors and their parents/guardians.

In some case, minors have their own email address and are perfectly competent to fill out the form.  In this scenario, I then just have a box where their parents/guardians (who will be listed as an additional recipient, with their own email) can sign to confirm they are aware of everything that’s been asked of in the form and they are happy for us to have this info.

HOWEVER, and here lies the question…

Some minors (e.g. 11 yr olds) don’t have email addresses (in which case I would use the parents email), or do have an email but aren’t fully competent to fill in the form. Can I make it so their parent or guardian could fill in that section on their behalf, but also so that the minor could fill in their section if they were competent enough.

In essence, can you make it so that a filed could be filled in by either recipient?

Many thanks,

TeulaB

@TeulaB 

Yes, you can leverage collaborative fields to allow for this scenario in Docusign eSignature.

This Docusign Support Article has detailed information on the topic.

Hello @TeulaB ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!