Skip to main content

I need to send a sign-off list out for signature, but I also want to add hyperlinks to other reference documents in the message. Ideally, I would like to use a link to sign in an Outlook email but it appears that I am forced to use the DocuSign message section instead (presumably to not have a different contact list in Outlook than in DocuSign). This would also allow people to forward the message to additional recipients without having to manually add them in DocuSign. Alternatively, I would like to add hyperlinks to the DocuSign message section if this is not feasible. Is there anything I am missing, or any tricks to achieve this? Thanks in advance.

Hello,Thank you for posting to DocuSign's Community.The best fit for the functionality you're a looking may be a (https://support.docusign.com/en/guides/ndse-user-guide-using-powerforms) PowerForm .A PowerForm is a DocuSign Envelope that is created from a Template and allows Recipients/Signers to access the Envelope by navigating to the specific URL provided for the PowerForm. This would allow you to provide the URL in an email and any individuals who were to receive a copy of that email could click the link, sign into the PowerForm via the landing page and complete the signing process.To note, there is a way to include hyperlinks within a DocuSign Envelope as per the following resource:(https://support.docusign.com/en/articles/How-to-create-a-hyperlink-in-New-DocuSign-Experience) How do I create a hyperlink in New DocuSign Experience You can also add hyperlinks to the "Message" section when creating an Envelope in DocuSign, though adding text code to create the hyperlink is required, rather than clicking an icon to create the hyperlink.If an Envelope is created within DocuSign, these are specific to the Recipients to whom they're addressed. Therefore, it is not advisable to forward any related email notifications for privacy and security reasons. The URL provided for a PowerForm sidesteps this, as it is not specific to an individual, but anybody with access to the link can open the PowerForm and sign a copy of the documents contained therein.If you have any additional questions, please let us know.Kind Regards,DamianCommunity Moderator

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately the PowerForm option does not work for my application because my document requires signatures from multiple people on the same template. I need a similar option with a link to send to multiple recipients that can all sign on the same template. I do not believe PowerForm allows this functionality.

Also regarding the hyperlinks, I am not including them in the DocuSign template itself, rather the “Message” section. I do not want to have to paste in all the text code, as this is messy. A simple hyperlink to a word or phrase is much cleaner. Are there any options available for this? In general the “Message” section has very limited formatting options (bold/italic/underline, bulleting, font color, etc.), and these would be very beneficial.

Hello,Apologies for the delay in getting back in touch and thank you for the further clarification.A PowerForm would give the option for the first signer to enter the names and email addresses of additional Recipient, which would enable those Recipients to sign via email notifcations. A second option would be to have the additional Recipients hard coded into the Template, if those Recipients are static and known prior to sending the PowerForm link to the initial Recipient.While I believe we are clear on the details of the hyperlink question you asked, just to be sure, in the email notifcation received by the Recipients, the hyperlink itself would be simply a linked work or string of characters and the hyperlink would be created in a similar fashion as when adding italics, such as <i>italics</i>, or in the case of a link, <a href="https://www.docusign.com">DocuSign Link</a>.If you have any further questions, please let us know.Kind Regards,Damian