Skip to main content

A few times a year I am receiving contract documents by trade show organizer to be signed. I am using a free account with Docusign to have my signed contracts stored online as a backup. The account type is called “Freemium”.

Five days ago I received two new contracts, but this time without any e-mail notification in my mailbox account. It seems someone has switched them off. Only by logging into my online account with Docusign I were able to view and download my docuements, where in the past I always received an e-mail and the document as an e-mail. I’ve also checked the spam folder with no results in there.

How do I activate such e-mail notifications again ?

Hello @AlWoerner ,

Welcome to the Docusign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

You can turn/check these notifications by going to:

1. Profile picture or initials in the top right corner.
  2. Select the My Preferences option.
  3. Beneath SIGNING AND SENDING select Notifications.
  4. From there you should be able to see all that are selected and edit them,
  5. Your notification preferences are updated and changes will be applied to all future envelopes: Manage Docusign email notification preferences

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Hi Nathaly,

Thanks very much for your reply. I was in these settings before and all of the notification options were already turned on. I’ve now changed a few back and forth and saved them again in hopes, this would change the behaviour going forward.

Could there be anything else to suppress the notifications, maybe a setting by the originator (sender) of the contract?

Yours,

Alexander

@AlWoerner 

No, the originator/sender is not able to suppress the email notifications of a recipient, unless it is embedded signing. In this case you would not see the documents being stored in your Docusign eSignature account.

Have you reviewed the “Why aren’t my signers not receiving Docusign notification emails?” article? The most common reason is that the email notification are landing in the Spam folder of the recipient.

Hello @AlWoerner ,

If you found our response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!