Skip to main content

Is there any way to disable the option that signers have to 'Print and Sign' under the "Other Actions" tab when signing a document? This way they are not given the option to print out the document and sign it instead of doing the electronic signature.

Once you log in, select the Settings Tab, then select Signing Settings. On the Signing Settings page, you can uncheck the "Allow recipients to sign on paper" option.  

NA1 Feynman,

When I did that and tested the option to print and sign was still available for each signer. I originally created the templates from scratch on this account. Would I have to re-create them now that the option is turned off?

I'm not sure. I wonder if the sign on paper could be enabled at the envelope level.  If you edit your template and click on the Edit link next to Advanced Options, you could try disabling Sign on Paper there to see if it makes a difference.  Also, when you create an envelope based on the template, you can check Advanced Options to see whether the setting is enabled or disabled.

Thank you for the answers! Under the template itself do you know where that option for print and sign would be? It isn't under Advanced Options on the edit screen on my end.

If you don't see the Sign on Paper option in Advanced Templates, I'm guessing you have "Allow senders to override sign on paper" unchecked on your Signing Settings page in the Settings Tab. So, here's another thing to try. In Signing Settings, if you temporarily enable "Allow senders to override sign on paper" and then edit your template, you may be able to uncheck the Sign on Paper option in the template and save it. If this works, you can go back to Signing Settings and disable "Allow senders to override sign on paper".

That worked perfectly! Thank you so much!