Skip to main content

Hi,

When sending an envelope to a signatory and before signing, how can I prevent the signatory from downloading the document in PDF or printing the document in PDF? I unchecked the "Allow recipients to sign on paper" option but by testing it is still possible that the signer can download the document in PDF or print the document in PDF. I would like him to only be able to download the document after signing it.

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

@cesaryo85 I am unaware of any DocuSign option or feature that would allow you to restrict a Recipient from printing or downloading a document sent to them.  Any Recipient who has a DocuSign account would receive the envelope in their inbox along with the ability to download the document at any time in the envelope workflow process and you have no control over the Recipient’s DocuSign account.  Also most of the signing process is done within a browser such as Edge or Chrome and these browsers have built in options to download or print which again cannot be controlled by other applications.

Perhaps if there was more context on why you do not want them to be able to print/download I could offer some other alternative but I do not believe this is something you could restrict.

Hi @cesaryo85 ,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!