Skip to main content

If possible, I would like to create a permission profile that functions as a "Sender" with the added ability to update a template. One particular use case we have would be more efficient if the Sender+ could update some values in the template's fields: Address, for example.

Is this possible? The settings indicate no, but wanted to ask anyway.

Thank you

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience, I understand that you have a query about the Permission Profiles: Ability to edit templates

To clarify, are you referring to editing the template fields in the template section? or editing the fields during the envelope creation?

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hello,

I'm referencing the sender's ability to update the template itself. Sometimes, during this process, the Salesperson's address field will be the same for several envelopes because each envelope and attachments are for a specific customer. The template was setup with place holder values that need to be updated each time an envelope is sent. Currently, the senders will need to update that information each time. I was hoping that a permission profile would allow the sender to update the template once, then the sender can work through the salesperson's list.

Thank you

Hello,

If the users need to edit the template, you can create a new permission profile and grant them the option to edit the template.

For Templates: This option sets the user’s template usage and management rights. The options are:

• None: This user cannot use, create, or share templates.
    • Use: This user can use templates created and shared by other users, but the user cannot create or share templates.
    • Create: This user can create and use templates, but the user cannot share templates.
    • Share: This user can use, create, and share templates.

The option to Create grants the option to edit templates but not to share them, the Shared option grants full rights for templates.

More information at https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&bundleId=pik1583277475390&topicId=eat1583277361347.html&_LANG=enus

Please be advised that the template might be locked for editing by the owners

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Christopher,

Thank you for the information. This is exactly what I could not find. Appreciate you providing the link. The feature works exactly how I hoped.

Cheers,

Jonathan