Skip to main content

Hi all,

I have sent a number of envelopes for signing and some of the recipient's cannot see ALL thos documents.

Does anyone know why this may be the case?

Thks,

Alan 

Hi Alan,

There’s a feature in DocuSign called “Document Visibility”. It sounds like this feature may be enabled in your account and causing this behavior. Customers often use it for use cases where they need to send multiple documents in a single Envelope transaction, but they want to selectively control which recipients can see or not see certain documents.

This feature can be set up to be enforced account-wide for every envelope or template, or it can be set up a bit more flexibly so that you and others can enable it at the use case level instead. 

In your DocuSign account, go to Settings → Sending Settings → Document Visibility. There are 5 options for this feature. The 2 settings that begin with “Must sign to view” are account-wide, and will enforce document visibility for every envelope or template sent from the account. However, the 2 “Sender can set” settings will give you and others the flexibility to pick and choose when this feature is used for certain envelopes or templates. 

Here are some articles and guides to help you and your administrators adjust the feature accordingly for your accounts needs.

I hope this helps! Please consider selecting the “Select as Best” option below if this guidance helped you.

Thanks!

Jesse

Hi, thanks for the reply and taking your feedback and also after review of the video, at the top of my screen I can see Home / Manage / Templates & Reports but not Settings so cant view what sending functions are turned on vs off.

Only administrators have access to account settings. You’ll need to contact your account’s administrator to find out how that setting is configured. If Document Visibility is being enforced account wide, then the first link I provided is a user guide that will show you how to adjust Document Visibility at the envelope or template level. For signer recipients, it’s controlled by field placement. Meaning, if you have a field placed and assigned to a recipient on a specific document, then they can see that document. If no field is placed and assigned for a certain recipient on a specific document, then they cannot see that document. If you need all recipients to see all documents in an envelope or template, and if you have signer recipients that don’t need to interact with a field on every document, then a workaround to allow them to see it is to place a “Date Signed” field in the footer of the document, assign it to them, and set the font color to white. This would satisfy placing a field on a document for a specific recipient to allow them to see the document it’s placed on, but won’t require any interaction from them so they won’t even know it’s there.

You would need to be a DocuSign Admin on the Account or be granted some type of limited Admin privileges via your Permission Profile to see Settings.  Check with your DocuSign Admin if you know who may be assigned that role, contact your internal IT, or create a DocuSign case to see if they can tell you who the DocuSign Admin is on the account.

Hello @Alan Rooney ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, could you please click the "Accept as Solution" button at the bottom of the post? It helps other community members who might have similar questions.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!