Skip to main content

I'm using the webinterface. 

When creating a new Envelope, I would like to add 4 recipients where the first one only need to verify (Needs to view) that the order is correct. When he/she clicks the Review-button in the e-mail (before he/she has reviewed the actual document) the envelope is forwarded to the next recipient.I would like the process to be like when the first one actually reviewed the document, he/she would be forced to click OK before it's forwarded to the next recipient. What is the purpose with Needs to view?If I only want to send it as "for your information" I can select "receives a copy".

Now I had to add "Needs to Sign" and ask for initials for verification to avoid the envelope to be forwarded before he/she have actually reviewed the document.

Am I supposed to do it differently?

Thanks a lot in advance for clarification!

There are a few options that might be useful for the situation where a Recipient needs to view the document and take an action, which is considered "Needs to Sign". Instead of a Signature or Initials, you could use the Approve/Decline buttons or even just set two Radio buttons, a YES and a NO (required field).  Think of "Needs to Sign" as really "needs to take an action to move the envelope forward". 

When using "Needs to View", its more of a tracking to verify that the envelope was opened. The Recipient must Review to move the envelope to the next action or flow.  Whereas CC (carbon copy) although sending the document, does not 'require' them to review in order for the next action to take place in the envelope.  So "Needs to Sign" and "Needs to Review" are stop actions, and "Carbon Copy" is just a pause.

Thanks a lot! The Approve/Decline-options is new to me which I have not thought about earlier. Great! Now I know how to use the different options better!