Skip to main content

Hi everyone,

This is the first time I have experienced this issue and I need your help. I completed a form for my clients to initial and sign and within the form I have filled in a lot of tick boxes and blank boxes with ‘ready only’ copy and ‘required boxes’ etc. I sent the envelope and they have received it, but in my cc copy it shows the document with none of the information that I added. So, all my work has disappeared and I can only assume my clients are seeing the same thing. Which is not great if they are. Now, when I go into the same document I sent to ‘correct’ it, all the information is still there? Is it because they haven’t signed it yet and the form isn’t fully completed that I am not seeing all the fields I added? Can anyone help resolve this for me or know what might be happening here? Many thanks, Adey.

Hi @Adey !

Sorry if I couldn't correctly understand what's going on with your envelopes. From what I understand, you (as the sender) are adding fields with values filled in, and are assigning these fields to a recipient who is at the end of the flow. Therefore, when the first recipients go to sign, they cannot see the information you initially filled in (when creating the envelope). Am I correct?

If so, check if a setting to show initial values is activated. Go to Settings (you must be an Administrator) > Sending Settings > enable “When an envelope is sent, write the initial value of the field for all recipients”.

Let me know if my understanding is correct and if this solved your problem!

Hi @Adey,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.