Skip to main content

I'm creating my first template (to use in the Apply Template feature) and I'm not seeing a way to make the fields Optional, like you can in a regular envelope. There are some fields that will be optional (checking any boxes that apply), and others that I need required before they can complete the envelope. Anyone know how I can designate the fields when creating a template?

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience, I understand that you want to delete one of your signatures.

To confirm, the option should be in the field properties, does the behavior persist regardless of the browser?

To make fields optional please follow the instructions below:

1. In the Add Fields view, click one of the field types listed above and place it onto the document.
  2. In the properties panel, uncheck the Required Field property. The field is now optional and signers can choose whether or not to complete it.

More information at https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?bundleId=ulp1643236876813&topicId=fna1578456503209.html&_LANG=enus.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Thank you, Christopher. Those are the steps for when sending a regular envelope, but I'm trying to make fields optional and required when creating a template, and those steps aren't available (that I have seen) when creating a template.

Hello,

Thank you for the information, the add fields section is the same during the template creation and in the envelope creation, would be possible for you to attach a screenshot of the field properties?

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.