Skip to main content

Hi,

I sent a document with a text field instead of a date field as this is mandatory where a date field is not.

My client couldn’t complete the document with a text field. It kept coming up red and would not finish the document.

I resent the document without the text field and my client completed it successfully.

Any ideas what is going on here?

Thanks

Kaz

Hello, @KazG 

Welcome to the Docusign Community!

When you add a Text field in a document, it is by default required, that means your signer must fill up an information. By default, an added Text field will accept any text value, however you can define a Validation.

For example, you can define a Date as validation so your signer must type a valid date otherwise he cannot complete the document signing process.

Thus, verify what type of validation you have selected to the added Text field. Also, it’s possible to use REGEX to validate other type of information.

I hope that helps!

Alexandre

Hello @KazG ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!