Skip to main content

Hey Everyone, 

We have a unique use case where there are multiple attachment fields on a template as they are conditional and only required based off of certain text and/or values entered.

That having been said, is there a way to “group” attachments if 1) Multiple attachments are allowed within an attachment field and 2) to showcase which attachments were part of attachment field 1 vs attachment field 2?

Hello @anmol.sharma,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I understand you are looking for information regarding attachments, more specifically if multiple attachments are allowed in one field and to show the attachments in a specific group depending on which field they were uploaded to.

Please find the responses below:

• Yes, you can add multiple documents in one field if the option “Add multiple attachments per field” is enabled under Settings > Sending setting: Add Attachments to a Document to Provide Supporting Information
  • If the option “Append attachments to the document with the attachment field” is active under Settings > Sending settings then this will add the documents attached at the end of the document in the order they were attached and it will become permanent (it can not be removed), otherwise, they will just be attached in order of document uploaded.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Hello @anmol.sharma ,

If you found my response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Hey @nathaly.monge, apologies for the delay but that is not quite what I was looking for. 

I know how to make attachments possible / activate them in the settings, my question was more so highlighting or showcasing which attachments were attached to which field 

For example, if there are 5 attachment fields that correlate with 5 text fields on an template and the hope is to have the recipient upload in subsequent / linear order so they upload to attachment field 1, then 2, then 3 and so on, and the recipient for some reason decided to attach in reverse order, I would want the ability to showcase which documents were attached to which field, not necessarily the order they were attached in if that makes sense?

Hi @anmol.sharma,

I'm looking for the same thing, did you find a solution?

Thanks!

Hello @anmol.sharma and @JP Blouin ,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community and my apologies for such a late reply.

I see, you are looking for a way to match the attachments to the actual field they were attached to.

Unfortunately, what you are looking for is currently not possible, but this would be a good idea to possibly implement in the future, any feedback that can improve our users’ experience is always more than welcome. 

If you’re a DocuSign Administrator for a corporate plan, you have the additional option of filing your request directly when you’re logged into your account. You’ll be able to click the “Give Feedback” button at the bottom of the screen to submit your idea

Best regards,

Hi Nathaly,

In this case do you know if is possible to reduce the size of the joint attachment icon ?

The icon is very big and we would like to add several attachment fields in our ducument.

Thanks!

JP

Hello @JP Blouin ,

Thank you for reaching back.

I’m sorry, but unfortunately, the attachment fields can not become smaller or bigger, the size can not be edited.

For more information on field sizing, please view: Adjust Field Size

Best regards,