Skip to main content
Is it possible to have Live form filling for completion of details in a contract without having to take the file back to Word and clean up the document?

Could you provide more details on the Use Case and what you mean by "live form filling"?

I mean you are able to add DocuSign fields to any document you send to have the Recipient not only provide a Signature but also provide other pertinent document information. Also "In-person" Signing options on an envelope so you can host a signing.

If I have a legal NDA document and wanted to edit it before I send with DocuSign, is there a way to edit while uploaded in DocuSign or do I have to edit in Word and upload it again?

There are two possibilities depending on how that data is being modified....

You can "Replace" a document in an envelope using the "Correct" envelope feature. This basically removes the old document and replaces with a new document. However, if an action has been taken on the envelope such as a Recipient signing then you may not be able to "correct" the envelope because it is considered completed or in process. This would cover a scenario where the text must be edited in Word or other text editor.

If you add a DocuSign field, let's say a Text field for the "Customer Name" and you set that field to read-only but after you send the envelope you notice it is spelled incorrectly. You again can "correct" the field contents as long as no action has been taken by a Recipient.

Strictly speaking if you upload a 500 word document, and you only added one field for Signature, you cannot go to the DocuSign envelope and edit the text directly.

Got it!! Thank you so much David!!