Skip to main content

I had asked a simple question - how do I edit the disclosure. Agent would only repeat edit the envelope in Word which is not what I asked. After 4 go rounds, they ended chat abruptly. Zero stars.

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to the DocuSign Community.

I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience with our Chat support, my apologies for that.

To answer your question, if you are referring to the legal disclosure this setting can be changed by having the admin of the account go to Settings > Legal Disclosure, in there you will be able to customize the default disclosure. The Custom Electronic Record and Signature Disclosure allows you to create a free-form disclosure using your own text and HTML formatting. 

Please be aware that if you choose to create a custom disclosure, you will not be able to change back to the default disclosure once you save the custom disclosure. 

However, if you are not referring to the Legal disclosure, but an envelope that you sent out and need to correct, you can correct the details of envelopes that are in process, that you sent or someone shared with you. You will be able to correct the recipient information (name, email and add additional recipients or remove them), email subject and message, fields, and document information.

You can correct an envelope by:

1. Going to the Manage tab.
  2. Click on the Sent folder.
  3. Locate the envelope in question.
  4. On the right side of the screen click on the dropdown and select Correct.
  5. You will be able to see make the changes you require.
  6. Click the Next button and then the Correct button to complete the changes.

Please take into consideration that DocuSign is not a PDF Editor, if you need to edit the text from a document you uploaded, I’m afraid that with DocuSign you won’t be able to do so, you will need to edit the document outside of DocuSign with a Document Editor and after the changes have been made you can upload the correct document. 

You might find the following information useful:

Legal Disclosure - DocuSign eSignature Admin Guide 

Default Electronic Record and Signature Disclosure Customization

Correct Envelopes

Add Documents to an Envelope

If you believe that you need further assistance, or require the assistance of a live agent, you can always create a Support Case to have a Support agent work with you. 

https://support.docusign.com/s/contactSupport

If you are not able to open a  Customer Support case via the above link, you can scroll  down to More Support Options and select "I can't reset my password or don't have an account." you will have the option of filling out the form or calling Support.

Please click "Select as Best" below if you found the answer to be a valid solution to your issue. Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day!

Best regards,

Rebeca | DocuSign Community Moderator