Skip to main content
I sent a document to someone and they are not saying they do not have access to the sign it. It asks them instead to sign up for a free trial. Can you please advised how to proceed?
Thank you in advance.

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community. 

Within DocuSign eSignature, recipients are not required to own an active DocuSign account, unless, you have made login mandatory for envelope access in your account Security Settings.

You can confirm if this is the case under Settings>Security Settings> Login Requirements.

For more details on this topic, see:

Authentication Settings

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards, 

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator 

"Select as Bestbelow if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue! 

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I do not see where you are talking about "Settings>Security Settings> Login Requirements." Can you please walk me through from the home page how to access my settings? I see "manage profile" and "my preferences."

Note, my account is setup through my employer, so I might have limited access or have my settings pre-set for me?

Please further advised.

Also, the link for "Authentication Settings" that you provided, comes up blank when I click on it to open.

Hi,

Thank you for following up.

The Settings tab is located next to the Templates tab at the top of the screen.

If you are not able to see the Settings tab, then your user lacks administrative access.

In this scenario, your account administrator will be in the best position to help you make the necessary changes.

Regarding the Authentication Settings link, you may try this alternative version of the link:

https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&rsc_301&bundleId=pik1583277475390&topicId=muh1583277327950.html&_LANG=enus

I have confirmed that both the original link and the new version shared above work properly. If you keep experiencing the same issue when trying to access it, I would suggest trying again using a different device and/or network.

Please don't hesitate in letting me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will address them as soon as possible. 

Best regards, 

Hello, Thank you for providing that additional information. It appears that I do not have access to the Settings tab; therefore, what else would you recommend for my original issue at hand? Note, I was able to view the new link you provide and was able to read the information, but doesn’t feel like it’s helpful to my current situation. Do you have other suggestions for me to try? Stay well, Thac Vang

Hi,

I appreciate you making me aware of this situation.

Since the setting in question is only available to account administrators, you will be required to contact your account admin in order to have them update the login requirements in the account settings.

As always, please don't hesitate in letting me know if I can help with anything else in the meantime and I will lend a hand as soon as possible. 

Best regards, 

Looking for a reliable solution for document signing? RabbitSign is here to help! Unlike other platforms, RabbitSign offers UNLIMITED FREE SIGNING REQUESTS. Enjoy the convenience of hassle-free document management without worrying about limitations or hidden fees. With RabbitSign's intuitive interface, you can streamline your signing tasks with ease. Visit RabbitSign to learn more and get started today: https://www.rabbitsign.com/