Skip to main content
I'am a signer on the document, yet when it comes back to me for final signature, the signature boxes are not on the document and I have to add a signature text box. Why?

Sounds like the envelope was sent without adding the appropriate tags to the document based on the signer. This I believe is classified as free form signing as based on the following DocuSign article....https://support.docusign.com/en/guides/signer-guide-signing-free-form-new

Without seeing the specific screen or knowing more background I am assuming this is the situation. DocuSign Accounts can differ in what is required to be placed or not placed when it comes to field tagging.

Thank you for your quick response. The documents we use already have the signature boxes when I get them back for signing. I’m not sure why all the sudden, this is not happening with this account. I guess I will add the signature box when I send out the documents. I never had to do this before. Thanks! Catherine 

I would contact the Sender to get some details....

1) They may not have added the appropriate Tags before they sent.

2) They may have forgotten to use an existing Template

3) The form may have changed causing issues with Autoplaced tags or it could be someone deleted a custom field used in the autoplace.

There are several possibilities but as a Signer you really don't have the capability to troubleshoot envelope issues. Start with the Sender and perhaps together you can correct the behavior for future envelopes.