Skip to main content

Hi, 

I have sent an document to be signed by two people.

One of the signees has declined. 

I have asked the other signee to decline the document also so i can resend as I can’t void or correct the document.

However the other signee is having problems trying to decline this. 

How can i void the whole document please. There is an option to delete but does that just mean delete it of my page rather than cancel the document. 

Also why is there no phone number to contact Docusign uk!  Every time I have a problem I have to send numerous emails to get someone to understand what my problem is. 

@Siobhan 

If one of the signees used “Decline to Sign” in the DocuSign Web App, the envelope status should be declined. This is a final state, so no further changes are possible to the envelope.

The second signee cannot decline and you cannot void the envelope, as it already reached a final state.

As you correctly stated “delete” will hide the envelope from your own view, so it is not visible anymore.

Hi @Siobhan,

Welcome to the DocuSign Community!

We are glad to have you here and can't wait to help share as much knowledge as possible.

I understand that you are looking to void your envelope, and I will share more details on this topic.

To add to Michael’s answer, you can find more details on how to void an envelope and how it differs with deleting an envelope, in the resources provided below:

How do I void or cancel an envelope?

Quick Tip: How to delete, decline or void envelopes in DocuSign

Also, I want to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Hi both,

Thanks for your replies.

My own reply to my post has disappeared somewhere but I managed to call an agent (as I needed an immediate answer), and verify that the whole document gets automatically declined.

As i cant best answer my own post (because it’s no longer up here for some reason)  I have bested Michael’s.

Thanks