Skip to main content

The instructions I was given included this:

NOTE: When you are prompted to sign the document, please click "Review Documents" and NOT "Sign on paper". "Review Documents" allows us to collect the documents electronically rather than by fax.

But as far as I can tell the only thing I can do with the document is to sign it.  Any idea what I'm supposed to do?

I'm using the web app in Chrome.  The specific sub-domain is na2.docusign.net

(NOTE: I've been unable to get hold of the person who gave me the above instructions, so I can't ask for any clarification).

Hi,

The sender of the documents defines what actions they want you to take by assigning fields to you (for example a Signature or a text field to fill out). The email you receive from DocuSign includes a button that says "REVIEW DOCUMENTS" which is a generic term for viewing the documents and taking the actions the sender assigned to you. There is no actual action of reviewing the documents. When you click the REVIEW DOCUMENTS button from the email, DocuSign takes you to the signing screen where you are to complete the actions assigned by the sender.

Once the documents are displayed you can view them to ensure you agree with whatever you are being asked to sign. You have the choice to follow the prompts and fill out/sign the document or not. You can also Decline to sign from the OTHER ACTIONS menu.

The normal expectation is that you will sign electronically by following the prompts. However, you also have the option to print the documents and sign on paper (again from the OTHER ACTIONS menu) and then either fax or upload those signed copies back into DocuSign. The sender's instructions are just asking you to complete the form electronically rather than using the Sign on Paper option.

Hope this helps!

Regards.