Skip to main content

I'm using an existing template, but when I replace the document, the recipients remain yet the signature fields disappear. Can someone help me troubleshoot? Thank you!

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

After you upload a file to a DocuSign envelope, you can delete or replace it. If you replace it, any fields already applied on the original document carry through to the new document.

If you replace a file that has an applied template, the template details become part of the document and cannot be managed separately. That is, the recipients, messages, and fields remain, but there is no longer an applied template on the document.

More information at https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?bundleId=gbo1643332197980&topicId=fjx1578456267870.html&_LANG=enus.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hi,

Thank you for responding and for the information. I tried to replace the document but the fields did not carry through to my new document. What am I possibly doing wrong? Again, it keeps the recipients and signing order, but not the fields.

Thank you,

Michelle

Hello,

Thank you for the information, does this happens regardless of the browser that you are using?

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.