Skip to main content

I have around 20 signatures to obtain for my projects and absolutely do not have time to test every name length/custom signature to make sure everything looks perfect before sending out a final envelope. Does docusign have some way to format the signatures to fit a box upon signing. As it is now, it inconsistently applies a margin to the top, a margin to the left and that's not even accounting for those with custom signatures. What happens is that the signatures constantly overlap other objects on the page.

DocuSign doesn't automatically gauge whether the signature would overlap any underlying text.

If you have the ability to change the formatting of your underlying document (before using it in DocuSign), I suggest putting the signature on its own line, thereby allowing for very long names.

If reformatting the underlying document is not an option, you can resize the signature tag to be small so that it allows for longer text. However, this may mean very small signatures and/or some overlap still remaining for very long names.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Take care,

Arash Sayadi