Skip to main content
How do I see if a document for signature has been opened or viewed, but not signed yet?

You really have two options available to you as either the Sender of the envelope or as a Recipient. As a Recipient, you can login and review the Inbox under Manage, find the envelope and click on it and it reveals the envelopes details, where the Current recipient details will show if that Recipient has viewed and when. As the Sender you can login, go to Manage and Sent folder and click the envelope to see the envelope details similar to the Recipients as described previously. Secondarily for both the Recipient and Sender you can view the envelope History to see this detail as well. Find the envelope under Inbox or Sent and then the dropdown to the right of the envelope and select History. This gives a detailed view of every step the envelope has gone through.

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.  

I appreciate you sharing your concern. The information you are looking for is recorded as part of the Recipient Actions included within the envelope's History or Certificate of Completion.

You can access your envelope's history in Manage>Sent>Actions (next to the envelope)>History.

For more information on this topic, see:

Envelope History

To view the History or Certificate of Completion

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards, 

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator 

"Select as Bestbelow if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue! 

Thank you both. So if it still says, "Waiting for Others" that means the recipient has not yet viewed it, correct?

Hi,

Thank you for following up.

The Waiting for Others status means that the envelope is still pending to be completed, and does not necessarily reflect the status of the recipient unless you have only included 1 person in your signing order.

In this case, you would be looking for either "Viewed" or "Opened" to show in the Action column of the envelope history in order to confirm if the document has been seen by the recipient but hasn't been completed yet.

Please don't hesitate in letting me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will address them as soon as possible. 

Best regards, 

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator 

"Select as Bestbelow if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!