Skip to main content

Let's say I have a bulk send CSV column "Staff::Gender" with "Male" and "Female" as possibilities. I have a DocuSign template with a checkbox group (made as a group so I can validate exactly one entry) for Male and Female choices.

The simple question would be: What is supposed to correspond with 'Gender' as the data point?

I see that the unique ID for the group is 'Checkbox Group 3974f456-aa46-4471-b440-47c6e77322b0', which isn't real helpful to map with CSV value above, since that CSV and its column name is used across many different templates. Am I looking in the wrong place...maybe I'm supposed to use 'Data Label' or 'Checkbox Values' and have a separate column like "Staff::Male" as a X value while "Staff::Female" is blank? Seems clunky...

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community. 

We recommend coupling the Bulk Send process with a template. You’ll be able to download the data from the template’s .csv file, which includes column headers specific to your roles and fields. 

You can find more details on how to set up your template, here:

Prepare your documents to accommodate data from bulk recipient file

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards, 

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator 

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue! 

I'm already preparing the CSV and use them extensively, as my post would indicate.

My problem is regarding the details of using the Bulk Send to control a checkbox group.

Hi,

Thank you for following up.

If you are already using the CSV template generated based on your DocuSign template roles and data labels then the option you specify in the checkbox group's column will be reflected in the document field during the signing session.

The values you can enter in the column are defined by the "Checkbox Values" you set for your checkbox group during the document tagging step.

For more details on how to manage your checkbox group's Data Label and Checkbox Values, see:

Checkbox group properties: tooltip, labels, and values

Please don't hesitate in letting me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will address them as soon as possible. 

Best regards, 

So if I understand right, there would be two separate CSV columns: "Staff::Male" which would have an 'X' character to correspond with the Checkbox Value for Male or "Staff::Female" which would have an 'X' character to correspond with the Checkbox Value for Female.

(This would be in contrast to my original...and preferable...way of thinking, which is that the column would have either 'Male' or 'Female' value within one column named "Staff::Gender". )

Hi,

Thank you for reaching back.

That is correct, we are expecting a capital X in the column that represents the checkbox in question.

For a detailed explanation of the topic, see:

Prepare your template for the bulk send - Checkbox field

As always, please don't hesitate in letting me know if I can help with anything else in the meantime and I will lend a hand as soon as possible. 

Best regards,