Skip to main content
How do I close a free account?

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community. 

We’re sorry to hear that you want to cancel your account but we can assist you through the process.

We highly encourage downgrading to a free account so you can retain access to all completed documents in the future.

Whether you downgrade to a free account or decide to cancel, you may want to make certain that any important documents have been downloaded to your personal device or computer. 

Once an account has been closed, you will no longer have access to any documents. 

Information on how to download completed documents is found here: https://support.docusign.com/guides/ndse-user-guide-download-or-print-your-document

Depending on how your account was originally configured, you may be able to cancel/close your account:

https://support.docusign.com/en/articles/How-do-I-cancel-or-downgrade-my-account

If you don’t see that option available, please submit a Customer Support case here:  https://support.docusign.com/en/contactSupport

If you’re not able to open a Customer Support case via the above link, scroll down further on the page to “More Support Options” and select "I can't reset my password or don't have an account." You will have different options to contact Support.

DocuSign Customer Support cannot cancel subscriptions purchased via iTunes or Google Play. Please see the links below on how to cancel on your Apple or Android device or phone:

iTunes: https://support.docusign.com/en/articles/Cancel-your-iTunes-subscription-to-the-DocuSign-Mobile-App-for-iOS-iPad-iPhone-iPod-Touch

Google Play: https://support.docusign.com/en/articles/Cancelling-your-DocuSign-subscription-through-Google-Play

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards, 

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator 

"Select as Bestbelow if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue! 

Thank you. For the record, I'm not leaving Docusign. I have two free accounts. I want to close the one associated with ******@gmail.com, and then change the email on the other from*****@********.com to ******@gmail.com

. However, none of the solutions I have found seem to apply to me. That is, I am not an administrator and I do not have an Account link in either of my free accounts. Please advise. Thank you.

Best regards,

Jefferson Akin

Real Estate Broker

Keller Williams Realty

*Your referral means everything! If you have enjoyed working with me,

please feel free to pass along my contact information to anyone interested

in buying or selling a home. Thank you!*

Hi,

Thank you for following up.

We will gladly help you close your free account, to do so, please open a new support case for one of our Support Experts to process your request.

It is important to note that account closure requests must be made through an account administrator profile, otherwise, we will not be able to move forward with the process.

Regarding how to change your user's email address, this can be accomplished in your user's profile.

You can access your profile by clicking your profile picture or initials at the top right corner of the screen and then selecting "Manage Profile".

For detailed steps on how to update your email address, see:

To change your email address

Please don't hesitate in letting me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will address them as soon as possible. 

Best regards, 

I appreciate your response, but I don't see how it will help. I'm not an administrator, I'm simply a real estate agent. I've had the ********@gmail.com account for years and sitting idly now for at least the last three years, during which time I've moved brokerages. I'm not aware of anyone who would be an administrator, so I'm not sure how to request its closure. In the meantime, the ******@********.com account won't accept my request to change its email address to *******@gmail.com

, probably owing to the existence of an account with that address. Since the acoount is more recent and active, I want to keep that one going, but with the address in use in the idle account.

Best regards,

Jefferson Akin

Real Estate Broker

Keller Williams Realty

*Your referral means everything! If you have enjoyed working with me,

please feel free to pass along my contact information to anyone interested

in buying or selling a home. Thank you!*

Hi,

I appreciate you sharing your concern.

In order to prove ownership of the account to be closed it is required for the request to come from a user with administrative rights. Since Free accounts are only able to have 1 active user, the account administrator is the account owner.

If you do not have administrative rights to the account settings (Settings tab at the top of the screen, next to Reports), it is highly unlikely that you are looking at a Free account.

In this scenario, only the account administrator will be able to close the user in question.

We will gladly help you confirm if this is the case, however, in an effort to prevent your personal information from being compromised, the best communication channel will be a Support Case.

You can open a new support case by filling out the form provided below:

https://support.docusign.com/en/contactSupport

Remember that if you’re not able to open a Customer Support case via the above link, you may scroll down further on the page to “More Support Options” and select "I can't reset my password or don't have an account." There you will have different options to contact Support.

As always, please don't hesitate in letting me know if I can help with anything else in the meantime and I will lend a hand as soon as possible. 

Best regards,