Skip to main content

I am an employee with a company and using their docusign. I want my signature to show the date/time and a note "I approve this document". I am seeing this in another company's signatures and I would like to replicate. I have troubleshooted everywhere and I am thinking this is only for admin users. Is this only for admin to accessorize?

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to the DocuSign Community.

No, it is not for admin users.

The Date signed and Signing reason won't be automatically added to the document, the sender of the envelope will need to add those fields and assign them to you for them to populate.

If you are the sender and need to have your recipient's name, signature and date signed populate on the envelope, you are the one that needs to add the correct fields to the envelope (the name, signature, date signed, and text fields).

If what you want is to have something like the following image:

This is known in DocuSign as a Part 11 signature, this is a paid add-on module, and is not included in any of our web plans, if you purchased your plan through our website eSignature Plans and Pricing there is a possibility that the feature is not included and you might need to upgrade to a corporate plan. 

You can fill out this form to be contacted by a sales representative, or call +1‑877‑720‑2040/+44-203-714-4800 to speak with a sales representative now.

Additionally, please take into account that available options may vary based on your account plan and selected payment method. Your account plan might not support some options. For more information about which options are available for your account, you can review your account plan with your Admin, Account Team, or contact DocuSign customer support.

You might find the following information useful:

Field Types

DocuSign Part 11 Module Overview

If you believe that you need further assistance, or require the assistance of a live agent, you can always create a Support Case to have a Support agent work with you. 

https://support.docusign.com/s/contactSupport

If you are not able to open a Customer Support case via the above link, you can scroll down to More Support Options and select "I can't reset my password or don't have an account." you will have the option of filling out the form or calling Support.

Please click "Select as Best" below if you found the answer to be a valid solution to your issue.

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day!

Best regards,

Rebeca | DocuSign Community Moderator