Skip to main content

Hello Community,

I am trying to get some more understanding around recipient visibility in regards to recipient details. Our team is trying to send an envelope to potentially multiple recipients where we do not want recipients to be able to see the other recipients’ details (i.e. email address, recipient name, etc.). Is this something that is possible currently? If so, how do I accomplish this.

To add clarification, we know of document visibility settings but this would not accomplish hiding the details of a specific recipient as document visibility settings relate to the documents specifically.

@M.Thiesmeyer As you noted the Document Visibility refers to a separate document that can be hidden from Recipient(s) who have no action on that document, there is nothing in Document Visibility that is setup for individual fields.  

You would need to use the “Hide with Astericks” function but there are limitations. This would allow you to set the option per field so that the filed is hidden with astericks from all other Recipients in the envelope workflow and could only be revealed by a User with “form data” access. DocuSign article below:

https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?bundleId=oeq1643226594604&topicId=bxi1579891674427.html&_LANG=enus

Hi @M.Thiesmeyer,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.