Skip to main content

Hi All DocuSign Expert,

My name is Fendri and I am one of DocuSign partner based in Indonesia.

I need your advice about one question that come from my customer.

Is there anyway to prevent sender (DocuSign user) to send the envelopes outside organization?

For example, they don’t want sender to send envelopes to personal email (like gmail.com or yahoo.com).

Is that possible? If possible, please let me know how to do it.

Thank you.

Regards,

fendri

@Fendri

No, you cannot apply a restriction in Docusign eSignature to limit recipients based on a domain level. Senders can type in every email address they can think of.

You can only do this in via the API and having a different application, website or portal before that, where you can implement the logic to not accept those personal emails and then create the Docusign envelope automatically after the desired user input.

Hi @Michael.Rave ,

Noted, thank you for your information.

Meaning we only can do that if we integrate DocuSign with other application and create the logic to block those personal emails. Am I right?

Thank you.

@Fendri 

Yes, that logic to block those personal emails need to be outside of Docusign eSignature.

​Hi @Fendri,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested?           

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find. Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!