Skip to main content
Question

Electronic Record adn Signature Disclosure

• 29 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Our Legal Disclosures settings are correct but the last few documents came back with the below highlighted issue and are unacceptable for our disclosure process. Does this mean the client viewed the initial email and checked the box for ERSD but did not actually go through with the signing at the initial view? Or is there some other possible issue we are missing?

Hi @tcangas !

It is not possible to affirm what is happening with your account just from this image, but there is a high chance that the Legal Disclosure frequency is not set to "First time viewing each envelope sent from this account" or "First time viewing each time the recipient appears in the signing order" - perhaps it has the option "Once for this account". This way, if you send 2 envelopes to the same recipient, they will only need to accept the terms once.

To check this option, go to: Settings (you need to be an Administrator) > Legal Disclosure > Recipients must accept the Electronic Record and Signature Disclosure when signing documents.

Please, access this article to get more information: Enable the Electronic Record and Signature Disclosure for Your Account

Hi @tcangas,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.