Skip to main content

I did not include myself in the receipt of the envelope before I sent it to my client to sign; therefore,  I was not able to include my signature on the agreement also.  They signed and now it says “complete”.  Can I go back and sign once it says completed?  Will this matter?

@Chalena Darden Fully completed envelopes cannot be edited or corrected to add anything new to the completed envelope.

Whether or not your signature has an impact is difficult to determine from anyone’s standpoint outside of the need of that document.  If it is expected that the document has you as a signer or counter-signer to make it approved, official, or legally enforceable is something that is specific to your situation, company or the specifics of the document.  You can always send another envelope with the same base document to get the signature of the client as well as your signature to supercede the original envelope.

Hi @Chalena Darden,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.