Skip to main content

I've been asked to look at using QES in our environment because the European Commission are soon going to mandate QES for their documents. Does anyone know if DocuSign's QES solution is compliant with European Commission requirements? I've searched for ages online and looked at various pages on the DS website, and the closest I have found to anything definitive is this:

DocuSign’s standards-based signatures portfolio offers a range of methods to verify signer identities of signatories and is independently certified against European Commission-recommended technology standards.

...which I think is too vague to present to users who want something more definitive as it doesn't specifically mention QES.

Thank you.

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience, I understand that you want to know if DocuSign QES complies with European Commission requirements.

Are you referring to something like this https://www.docusign.com/sites/default/files/DocuSign_Standards_Based_Signatures.pdf?

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hi,

Thanks for providing the info. The document doesn't specifically mention European Commission requirements; however it does say that QES is Eidas compliant, so do you think this is sufficient to present to lawyers to confirm QES meets legal requirements for European Commission documents?

Regards

Hello,

The information on this site is for general information purposes only and is not intended to serve as legal advice. Laws governing the subject matter may change quickly, so DocuSign cannot guarantee that all the information on this site is current or correct. Should you have specific legal questions about any of the information on this site, you should consult with a licensed attorney in your area.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.