Skip to main content
Does anyone know how to enable internet links within a document in eSignature? Once we upload either a Word or PDF document, any links appear not to work (i.e., be "clickable"). But when the completed/signed document is downloaded, they function again.

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

You would need to create hyperlink fields within DocuSign and then add them to your uploaded documents for them to be available during the signing process, please view the following article on how to create them: https://support.docusign.com/s/articles/How-to-create-a-hyperlink-in-DocuSign

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

That is not going to help us. I am not trying to add hyperlink fields to a template. We upload various different documents that do not all look the same. Some have hyperlinks and some do now. The hyperlinks work before the document is uploaded and once the finished document is downloaded, so DocuSign is clearly holding the HTML data. How can I make these links clickable within any given document that is uploaded?

Hello,

Thank you for reaching back.

I understand and apologize for any inconvenience. DocuSign does not allow the usage of certain dynamics that an uploaded document might contain during the signing process, by adding the hyperlinks (the fields created in DocuSign) they can be clicked during the signing process.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!