Skip to main content

When using the DocuSign frame on documents, are the number below the signature randomly assigned? 

For example, if I sign numerous documents - will the numbers below my name at the bottom of the frame always be the same? Or do they change from document to document?

Please see below (the identifying signature has been removed)

Hello @CHToronto 

Welcome to the DocuSign Community!

I am attaching the link here for the same question answered by the community expert.

Here is link for more info:   Signature Adoption and Format

Thanks!

@CHToronto 

The numbers below the signature, part of a signing frame, are not randomly assigned. These numbers, typically the signing certificate information, such as the document ID, timestamp, and other audit trail details, are unique to each document.

When you sign multiple documents, the numbers (like the document ID or audit trail details) will differ from document to document, reflecting the unique identifier and specific signing event. This ensures that each document has a unique signature record, making the signing process secure and traceable.

So, the numbers you see below your name in the signing frame will change for each document, as they are associated with that specific signing event and document.

Thank you, John! 

Hi @CHToronto,

I hope you are doing well.

I want to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the suggested solution or if the information provided was useful. If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find. Otherwise, let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Thanks, Christopher! John answered my question right away and it was very helpful. Clare.