Skip to main content

Hi All,

Novice docusign user over here.

I’m running a very small (~24 people) proof of concept for a medical device software application.  As such, we need to gather informed consent from participants in a manner that they can refer back to the document in the future if need be.  I’m trying to make the informed consent experience as seamless as possible with as few steps as possible.  I have a few things I’m struggling with if anyone can help me out.

Am I able to generate a link from docusign that would take a patient straight to a template version of the informed consent document without having to create a login?  Ideally, we would have a link that people could use to access the document, they can review and if they approve they can input their name, signature & email address.  Afterwards, we’d have the informed consent on our end & the patient would receive an email version of the document.

I appreciate any help you can provide!

Thomas

Use DocuSign PowerForms

DocuSign PowerForms allow you to create a self-service document for users to sign without needing a DocuSign account. PowerForms generate a URL that you can distribute to your participants, which directly leads them to the informed consent document. Here’s how to set up a PowerForm:

• Create a Template: First, create a template for the informed consent document in DocuSign. Include any standard fields like name, signature, and email address that participants need to fill out.
  • Generate a PowerForm: Once your template is ready, go to the PowerForms section in your DocuSign account to create a PowerForm based on your template. DocuSign will generate a URL for the PowerForm.
  • Distribute the URL: Share this URL with your participants. They can access the form via this link, fill it out, and sign it without logging into DocuSign.

Thank you @Justin Jiang!  This is perfect.  Really appreciate your help mate.

Cheers,

Thomas

Hello @thomasdarm ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!