Skip to main content

Hello my documentation process works like this.

1. Create empty pdf form document for a specific system
  2. Send the new Specified empty test form pdf for “Pre Approval” signature from the right Managers
  3. After they have signed, I fill out Pdf form with test results (serial codes etc etc)
  4. I then sign myself, on each page.
  5. After that is done, I then send the pdf out again for the managers and QA to sign for “Final approval”

Can this be done using Docusign?

Hello @Simon Marshall ,

Welcome to the DocuSign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

I understand you have a specific workflow you want to complete.

Yes, what you are looking for can be done by clicking Manage > New > Send an Envelope, you will click the checkbox next to “Set Signing Order” in the  “Add Recipients to the Envelope” section. Once that’s done, you’ll be able to add a number next to each recipient that will designate who will sign first, second, third, etc. So in this case if would look something like this:

1. Managers (add an approve or decline button for them in the document preparation screen)
  2. Yourself (add both fields and signature fields in the preparation screen)\
  3. Managers and QA (they can have the same number so that they can get it at the same time)  (add an approve or decline button for them in the document preparation screen)
  4. Any other needed signer

Note: All fields are color coded, so the first recipient might have Yellow fields while the second has purple fields: Add Fields to Documents

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Hello @Simon Marshall,

If you found my response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!