Skip to main content

Hello team,

How to set-up the document retention policy for the particular group?

@Munish veda

Document retention is an account wide setting and cannot be configured on a group level.

See the following DocuSign Support Article.

my understanding is not that we have to set the retention policy for at least 14 days, but rather upon setting the retention period, the affected envelopes are placed in a purge queue for 14 days, after which they are deleted. So the retention period can be determined by us, but the document deletion will be after 14 days.

is this correct?

Yes, the affected envelopes are put into the purge queue after the retention period is reached. From this point the documents will be in the purge queue for 14 days before they are permanently removed from DocuSign eSignature. This cannot be configured.

You can configure the retention period from 1-9999 days plus the 14 days purge queue. The minimum retention period is 1 day, then followed by 14 days purge queue, so the documents will not be accessible after 15 days.

Thanks  Mrave,

can i know ,We also need to verify how many times users will receive this notification before their document will be purged from the system, as we can compose different messages for each notifications. I have received two notifications so far from our test scenario, can you please check the amount and also timeline of this email notification.

@Munish veda

There is a total of two notifications from DocuSign: 14 days and 7 days in advance of the purge event. Or the other way around, when it is put into the purge queue and a week after.

can we compose different messages for each notifications.

@Munish veda 

Yes, you can customise the email messages for the purge notifications in the email resource file, which is part of branding in DocuSign eSignature.