Skip to main content
Do I need a license for DS Viewer Permission Profile

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to the DocuSign Community.

Yes, when a user is added to an account (whether they are viewers, senders, or admins), they must activate their account membership, at which point they become billable users on the account. 

If you have a web based account, you can see how many active users you have on the Plan and Billing page, however, if you have a Corporate account, the limits set on the contract are the ones set for the account (you can verify the information with your Account Team).

If you are the admin of your account,  you can navigate to the Settings tab > under Users and Groups click Users > proceed to Add a new user.

If you are not an account admin please reach out to one of them and have them follow the above, if you are not sure who your admin is I will suggest you reach out to your internal IT, HR, or management team for more information.

Your account plan might not support the options discussed. For more information about which options are available for your account, contact your account team or DocuSign customer support.

You might find the following information useful:

User Management

Add Users | DocuSign eSignature Admin Guide

Add Users | DocuSign Admin Basic Guide

If you believe that you need further assistance, or require the assistance of a live agent, you can always create a Support Case to have a Support agent work with you. 

https://support.docusign.com/s/contactSupport

If you are not able to open a  Customer Support case via the above link, you can scroll down to More Support Options and select "I can't reset my password or don't have an account." you will have the option of filling out the form or calling Support.

Please click "Select as Best" below if you found the answer to be a valid solution to your issue. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day!

Best regards,

Rebeca | DocuSign Community Moderator

Thanks. Is it free for a licensed DS Viewer

Hi,

Each active user on your account counts toward your subscription (they are billable users), regardless of the permission profile they are granted, including users with the DS Viewer permission profile.

However, if you have a corporate account and your Account Team (Account Manager) set up a contract and indicated that you would not be charged for those users, that I'm afraid is something that you will need to discuss with them directly.

If you believe that you need further assistance, or require the assistance of a live agent, you can always create a Support Case to have a Support agent work with you. 

https://support.docusign.com/s/contactSupport

If you are not able to open a Customer Support case via the above link, you can scroll down to More Support Options and select "I can't reset my password or don't have an account." you will have the option of filling out the form or calling Support.

Please click "Select as Best" below if you found the answer to be a valid solution to your issue. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day!

Best regards,

Rebeca | DocuSign Community Moderator