Skip to main content
Question

Destroy a "Completed" document

• 4 September 2024
  • 2 replies

I have a document that is fully signed, but we detected an error afterwards. I need to sign a new document correcting the error, how can I destroy the previous one?

Hello @vallende,

Thank you for reaching out here. We want to welcome you to the Docusign Community. I appreciate you bringing your question to this Community, and we are committed to providing you with the best service possible.

The closest option would be to purge the envelope, please be advised that it will remove access to those involved in the envelope including the sender, you will need a Targeted Purge, this applies to envelopes in a terminal status (Completed, Voided, Expired, Declined). The Targeted Envelope Purge feature allows you to purge specific envelopes in a terminal status. Envelope metadata is inaccessible if the option to remove fields and metadata is selected. Document Retention and Targeted Envelope Purge | eSignature

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific Docusign plans. Your account plan might not support some of the options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Once an envelope is fully signed, it cannot be deleted or destroyed. However, you can create a new envelope with a supplemental agreement clarifying that the previous envelope is invalid due to the error. This new document will correct the mistake and serve as the valid version.

FreeLink/甫连信息
🌍 DocuSign Partner | Partner Profile
🏆 2024 APAC Reseller Growth Partner of the Year
🔧 First globally to pass DocuSign eSignature Technical Consultant certification
🚀 Expertise in DocuSign integrations with in-house systems for leading enterprises across various industries.

Feel free to reach out for collaboration opportunities.