Skip to main content
Question

Deleted envelopes keeps coming back into my powerform

• 5 September 2024
  • 4 replies

I wanted to report a potential bug.

I set up a powerform last month. I have like 40+ test envelopes in it but when I try to delete them (They go to the deleted folder). However, next day, they go back to the powerform collection. I’ve already done this 3 times and it seems the envelopes keep finding their way back to my powerform. 

Any help would very much be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi @Goodwall,

Thank you for reaching out to the Docusign Community.  

Does this happen consistently across different networks, devices and browsers? And, does the envelope status on your PowerForm list reflects it being deleted?

If it does happen consistently, then this is unexpected behavior from the application, as your deleted envelopes should be moved to the trash bin and fully erased from your account after 30 days.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Yes it’s consistent. It appears in the deleted folder for 1 day. Next day it disappears and goes back to the powerforms section (and you can delete it again), then it goes back to deleted folder, then next day it goes back again. You can check the history logs of our account. It is indeed a bug regardless of what client we use. We just use any regular chrome based browsers.

could you enable the API logs for the sender as this document:

https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&rsc_301&bundleId=jux1643235969954&topicId=poz1578456669909.html&_LANG=enus

then reproduce this issue and download the api log.

FreeLink/甫连信息
🌍 DocuSign Partner | Partner Profile
🏆 2024 APAC Reseller Growth Partner of the Year
🔧 First globally to pass DocuSign eSignature Technical Consultant certification
🚀 Expertise in DocuSign integrations with in-house systems for leading enterprises across various industries.

Feel free to reach out for collaboration opportunities.

Hi @Goodwall,

Thank you for following up.

We will gladly look into escalating the situation to engineering. To do so, please create a new support case so we can document the issue. 

It would really help to expedite the process to have checked that the issue does happen in other browsers and devices, as this may lead to the root cause of the issue, and tends to be a requirement in our checklist for opening new product issues. Including user and network logs of the incident will also be extremely helpful. You can find detailed steps on how to collect these logs, along with the form to create a new support case, here:

Capture a network trace via your browser to troubleshoot Docusign

API Request Logging

https://support.docusign.com/en/contactSupport 

If you are not able to open the case on the same page, you should scroll down to More Support Options and select "I can't reset my password or don't have an account." you will have the option of filling out the form.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will address them as soon as possible. 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!