Skip to main content

If I send someone a docusign to sign, does it automatically show the date? If they print the docusign as a pdf, does the date show? Or is it all dateless?

Hi @Jrsmith !

If the envelope sender uses the Date Signed field, it'll be automatically filled in with the current (signing) date. Once the recipient completes the signature, this automatic date will no longer be changed and will continue to appear on the document (even you print it).

Let me know if I managed to answer your question!

Hello @Jrsmith ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Is there an option to make this a default option? i.e. all signed documents come with the date stamp? 

For what I understand it depends on the sender to add this option. 

Thanks 

Hello @andresh02 ,

Welcome to the Docusign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

The date field is not normally add automatically to a document, the sender would need to manually add these fields to the needed spots (the date signed field should be available for all plan types): Choose your plan

However, you could create a template with the needed fields and have it automatically applied to your documents: Enable and Apply Automatic Template Matching 

Or you can create a custom field and use a AutoPlace tag to have it added: Create Custom Fields for Documents

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!