Skip to main content

I am attempting to allow a form to have fields that allow for collaboration. I also have enabled the option that "Changes Require Initials".

The current signer in the routing order initials the fields that they changed; however, the issue is when it goes back to the first person in the routing order and no email is sent out.

I checked the envelope's history but the last item in the history is the person who made the changes and the fact they signed.

One additional thing I'd like to mention is that the first person in the routing order is an embeded signer. I'm not sure if that affects this issue or not.

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I'm sorry to hear the collaboration feature is giving you issues.

Was a PowerForm used? Yes, collaborative fields do not work with embedded signers: https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?bundleId=jbx1643062255110&topicId=dfe1578456644230.html&_LANG=enus

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

A power form was not used. I have a custom web form that sends data to DocuSign.

Thanks for letting me know about embedded signers not working with collaborative fields.

I noticed that in that link you provided it states that without email validation, collaborative fields that require changes will not work. Is there an example of using the api and doing email validation?

Hello,

Thank you for reaching back.

To ensure that your question is properly addressed, we have a Developer Community that you can access by clicking the link below:

https://developers.docusign.com/support/ 

From the Developer Support homepage, you’ll be able to submit questions to DocuSign devs and customers via Stack Overflow and create a Support case that will go directly to a qualified developer for assistance. 

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!