Skip to main content

Somehow my client adopted her initials for both her initials and signature. If I resend a new document, will it allow her to change her signature or do I need to change something on my send before hand? Dan

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.  

I am sorry to hear that your recipient signed using her initials instead of her name, but I will gladly help you correct this as soon as possible.

Since the signer has already completed their action in the original envelope, you will need to recreate it in order to capture the new signature.

To prevent signers from editing the recipient name assigned to them you may enable "Lock Recipient Name" in Signing Settings>Signature Adoption Configuration.

Also, once you have copied the envelope it would be good to ensure that you have placed the signature and initial fields in the necessary spaces.

For more details on these topics, see:

Copy Envelopes

Signing Options Limits

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in certain DocuSign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic.  

For more information about which options are available for your account, contact your account administrator. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. 

Compare eSignature plans & pricing 

It is important to note that "Lock Recipient Name" will only affect new signatures being adopted during your signing session and will not apply to signatures that were previously adopted by the signer.

These signatures will need to be deleted in the user's preferences as explained, here:

How do I change my signature or adopt a custom signature?

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards, 

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator 

"Select as Bestbelow if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!