Skip to main content

Is there a way to download a certificate of completion for a DocuSign you did not create using the DocuSign Envelope ID?

@KaraGS It is not necessary to be the Sender / Owner of the DocuSign envelope to be able to download the Certificate of Completion but you would need to be a Recipient in the workflow of that envelope.  If you received an envelope and have a DocuSign account then you can locate the envelope by envelope id under the Manage >Inbox. If you do not have a DocuSign account, you would need to locate the completion notification for that envelope and open the document by the notification button and then select the upper left dropdown options to select to download or view the certificate.

If I was not a recipient of the envelope through DocuSign, is there any way to access and download a Certificate of Completion using the DocuSign Envelope ID?

@KaraGS  Without being the Sender or a Recipient, I am unaware of any method to access the Certificate of Completion for an envelope.  For a variety of security purposes the envelopes are made available to the individuals involved in the envelope process and whatever documents they may contain especially due to potentially sensitive material. The only action I could recommend would be to contact DocuSign Support through a case but I would not be able to state the requirements they would have to release that information to a party not involved in the envelope transaction.

Hi @KaraGS,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.