Skip to main content

I have sent an envelope with signing order to a group of 23 people.

One can’t sign and signing process stalled.

There is a “Correct” button there, but it does not work.

It let me delete the recipient but after saving (correcting) I can still see the recipient there, and the envelope is still waiting on him.

So what’s the purpose of "Correct" button there?

Thanks!

@Leon Yes, there are corrections allowed once the envelope has been sent but they are limited to addition/removal of Recipients who have not yet taken action.  Documents can typically be added but a document that has been signed (action taken) cannot be removed. Once you remove a Recipient make sure to select the Next option and then select the Correct button to make sure the corrections take effect.  Perhaps after the change you are clicking the “X” which Discards those changes.

@David.Schmitz David, Thank you for your answer, however, “limited to addition/removal of Recipients” is not completely right. I could not find a way to add a recipient to the envelope that was already sent, using Correct functionality. 
Moreover, I can’t remove the recipient “who have not yet taken action” in this sent envelope.
I am doing it exactly how you described it:
I’m removing the Recipient, selecting the Next option and then selecting the Correct button to make sure the corrections take effect. But it does not take effect.

Is it a bug? Shall I open support ticket?    

@Leon There was an extra bit of information in which if a Recipient has already taken action then they cannot be removed. You also cannot add a Recipient before a Recipient who has already taken action OR if the envelope has fully completed. In the case of a completed envelope, you would not have a correction option.  During the envelope correction you are in the “edit” screen of the envelope where you should see the ability to add document and see the workflow of Recipients. Any Recipients that already took action would be gray in color and without a delete bin option, however you should still see an “Add Recipients” option near the bottom of the current workflow. Do you not see this option?

Hi @Leon,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.