Skip to main content

I am an admin, so can transfer envelopes. I did this for a user and she cannot find them. So I tested by transferring an envelope from a user to me, and I cannot find it either. Anyone have an idea on this? I have verified filters so that it isn’t it.

@krjensen

Did you check if the envelope is in the “Inbox” as well as in the “Sent” folder in the account it was transferred to? It should remain in the same folder, so if it was in “Sent” before, you will not find it in your “Inbox” folder.

“Transfer envelopes” does transfer the ownership of an envelope from one user to another. You are unable to transfer envelopes that were not sent from one of your accounts to a different user, as the user is not the owner of the envelope and just a recipient. This applies to all envelopes that you received from different DocuSign accounts, most likely other companies that sent envelope to your. users for signature.

This is also account specific, in case you have more than one account it could also be that you need to switch accounts, as it may have been transferred to a different account. 

Yes, looking in both folders and nothing. Both users are in the same account. I can confirm the envelope no longer shows in the original user’s list but it seems to go nowhere. The original user is in a Closed status - does that make a difference?

I just ran into this issue.  In our case, the recipient had two accounts linked to the same email address.  From the profile initials, they dropped down, switched accounts and found the transferred envelopes there.