Skip to main content

Hello Everyone,

I required some clarity around the download capabilities for signed documents within a DocuSign envelope. Can signed document downloadable for infinite time or not. Let me know, if we can the download the document infinite time before envelope expires or not.

Thanks and Regards

Charan Balam

@Charan Balam 

Signed documents can be downloaded from the envelope as long as the envelope is active and accessible within your DocuSign account. There is no limit on the number of times a signed document can be downloaded before the envelope expires. Users can download the documents multiple times without any restrictions while the envelope is available in their account.

Once the envelope is completed, the signed documents are generally stored in DocuSign and remain accessible for download until the envelope or the document itself is deleted or purged according to the document retention policies set by the account administrator or the specific settings of the envelope. Document Retention (docusign.com)

However, it is essential to ensure that the envelope or document is not subject to automatic deletion or purging processes which might be configured in the DocuSign account settings. These processes could potentially limit the duration for which the documents remain available for download if not managed appropriately​.

As long as the envelope is active and has not been deleted or purged, users can download the signed documents an unlimited number of times.

Hi @Charan Balam,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!