Skip to main content

Hello Community:

This must be possible but I just can’t figure out how to do it.

I’m trying to send a simple document to a group of  200 people.  I have a CSV which contains name, email address, and physical address (3 fields).  I have been trying to use the bulk send with a template I created. What I’m trying to do is send each of the 200 people a copy with their name & address prepopulated.  They then just sign it and a time signed is added automatically.

For some reason- only the email address and name shows up in the document itself and the address keeps reverting to a custom text field.   Am I missing something?  I keep trying to rename the address field “company” or “title” since I see those fields in the editor but it doesnt work.  What am I missing?  It must be possible to do this.  I’ve googled and searched all over and i cant seem to find someone answering the same use case.

Thank You for your help in advance!

@brianjpressman 

Have you created your CSV from your completed template?  You should be able to create custom text fields for your address.  Once you have done that (you might have already done it) go to your Template and download a sample CSV that you will use to add the custom information for your 200 recipients.  

So I did figure it out.  When I created the new field the “data-label” was some generic text. I had to go in and change that to “address”.  Once I did that- it worked 

However- Im now getting a validation error when the bulk send tries to create the envelopes.   The error msg is “DocGen creation failed. DocGen creation failed.  One or more validation errors occurred.”   And it would seem there is no way to figure out what validation error is occurring.

Ive opened a support ticket.

Hi @brianjpressman,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you need further assistance, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.