Skip to main content

I used the DocuSign template to create the CSV file.  One of the fields,  Benefit Amount, populates but the Name field shows as an editable text box. I do not receive any errors. 

Hello, @GStein 

You are welcome to the Docusign Community!

Could you send a screenshot with that, please?

What’s happening exactly?

Best,

Alexandre

My template has a box for populating the Name but it appears as an empty box.  The numbers 12345 are the “Benefit Amount” as listed in .csv file and it populates OK.  Do I need a 2nd name field?

If so, why did the csv tool not have 2?

Hello, @GStein 

For every field that you have in your envelope you should have a correspondent field/column in your .CSV file.

Since you’re using a form with fields to be filled out, my suggestion is:

1. Create a template for that form
  2. add the recipients
  3. in the document add the Text fields, rename them for a more short and objective name (use the Data Label option for this)
  4. Save your template.
  5. Now, use your template, click in advanced option, click in Bulk Send option then use the Download.CSV option tto download your .CSV file. That .CSV file will have all the columns/fields present in your template
  6. Edit the .CSV file filling out the fields as you need. Any text field you leave in blank will be necessary for your signer fill in.
  7. Save it then Upload your filled out .CSV file

See this example:

Employee:Training Date and Employee:Training type are in blank because the signers should provide those information, I mean, fill in those fields.

I think your example where there is a blank field is because the signer must fill in as the example above.

Let me know if that was clear.

Alexandre

Hi @GStein,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you need further assistance, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.