Skip to main content

Hi All,

May I kindly ask you if audit trail summary is something required to be included in the FE contracts when electronically signed? is there such a requirement for the contract when signed through DocuSign to be consider valid?

Many thanks!

Hello @Angie_M ,

Welcome to the DocuSign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

I understand you would like to know if an Audit trail is required for FE contracts.

DocuSign does not have a feature by that name, however, we do have a History and Certificate of Completion: History and Certificate of Completion

I’m not sure what is required for the FE contracts to be signed electronically as DocuSign doesn’t provide direct legal advice, but we do offer the DocuSign Legal FAQ article that you can see by clicking the link below: https://support.docusign.com/s/articles/Legal-FAQ?language=en_US

If you need more specific legal guidance that the Legal FAQ doesn’t address, please consult a law office in your local jurisdiction or your company’s legal team.  

However, any document to be valid needs the certificate of completion which validates the signatures on the documents and they are usually included on the document when downloading.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Hi @Angie_M,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!