Skip to main content

We have a use case for approval, please let me know what is the best method to do this.

We are using xxxxxx and docusign platform and currently wanted to know how a signer can approve a document and once it is approved only it should be going to the another person/signer.

So lets say, we have 4 signers

Signer 1

Signer 2

Signer 3

Signer 4

Signer 3 needs to approve the document before it goes to signer 4.

so we know, the options of approve and decline fields in docusign but when we click on approve it does not show anything when it is moved to signer 4

Could you please let us know how to deal with this so that signer 4 when it is comes to signing, he should see that it has been approved by signer 3. Please advice

Hoping you will reply soon. Thanks

Hello Syed,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

You can add 2 checkboxes or radio buttons (Radio buttons would work best) next to 2 text boxes, one for Approve and one for Decline, then you can add the Approve/Decline Buttons and set up a conditional Rule, If Signer 3 selects the Approve checkbox the Approve Button Appears, and if they select the Decline checkbox appears then the Decline Button shows: https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?bundleId=gbo1643332197980&topicId=iqw1578456520131.html&_LANG=enus

However, if Signer 3 selects Decline, it will automatically void the envelope stopping the process and all signers get a notification that the envelope was voided, so the fact that Signer 4 gets the envelope would be a sign that the envelope was approved, and the approved status will show in the Certificate of Completion.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Thank you for your email Nathaly. If I understand well, I need to add two radio buttons for approve and decline and add two text boxes for approve and decline and create a conditional rule and later add the approve and decline buttons as well

so when I click on approve radio button the approve text box should display and so as for decline.

I have attached the screenshot:

Please check the above screenshot and let me know if I did it right? Thank you

Hello,

Thank you for reaching back.

It's close, so the conditional rule would only apply to the buttons and not the text boxes, that way they know which radio button belongs to which option. And if they select the Approve option, the Approve button will appear for them to click on, and so on with the Decline.

It would look something like this:

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!